How to protect during hotel fireFire prevention in Hotels
Hotel Fire Prevention…
- Make sure your hotel has smoke alarms and a fire sprinkler system (where possible).
- Ask the front desk what the fire alarm sounds like.
- Review the escape plan posted in your room after enter your room.
- Seek out the exits and be aware of the number of doors between your room and the exit. Report locked exits doors to management immediately.
- Keep your room key close secure and take it with you.
- If the alarm sounds, leave, closing all doors behind you. Never use elevators during a fire.
If you can’t escape the hotel …
- Shut off fans and air conditioners.
- If smoke fills the room, get low and go under the smoke.
- Stuff wet towels in the crack around the doors, blocking out harmful smoke.
- Call the fire department and let them know your location.
- Wait at the window and signal with a flashlight or other attention grabbing equipment.