Need a Family Escape Plan – see our example
Fire escape plan: What you need to do if there is a fire in your home.
- • Keep your ways out/exit s clear at all times
• Whether you discover the fire or your smoke alarm warns you, stay calm and put your fire escape plan into action.
- •Raise the alarm.Wake everyone up and get every one out by the quickest way, assisting or collecting the very young or vulnerable in the household.
- • Check doors with the back of your hand – don’t open them if they are warm.This means the fire is on the other side. Only open the doors that you need to get out of the house.
- If there is smoke, crawl along near to the floor where the air will be cleaner.
- Do not look for the cause of the fire.
- Meet at an assembly point outside your home and make sure everyone is out.
- Call the Fire Service at 999 or 112 from a call box, mobile phone or neighbour’s house.
- Do not go back in until the Fire Service tells you it is safe.
In emergency call 999 or 112